Welcome to my Blog

I chose the title of this blog to go with a Beatles song from 1969. The title made sense in October of 2009 because fighting cancer might be a drawn out challenge. I take inspiration where I can, and hope to motivate with my musings about music, my status and anything else related to life. Anyone can post comments; no sign in or account is needed, just click on the comments section towards the bottom of the post and write me a note. A splendid time is guaranteed for all. Live Happy- Greg


"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain



Friday, October 8, 2010

"Imagine"

Today is John Lennon's 70th birthday. Had he not been shot to death in front of his Dakota Apt. in 1980 who knows what kind of music and cultural change may have occurred since then. John was killed December 8th 1980, and coincidentally my Mother died on the same day, in 1992. If you go to Youtube or search with Google you already knew this was John's birthday. I can't remember if anyone has asked me who my favorite Beatle was, my answer is John. He is the most complex, was the early leader of the group, and I just happen to like more of his songs than those of Paul. (George is my favorite under utilized Beatle.) Check out the attached link or go to Youtube or Google yourself to check out some John videos. "Imagine" was written in 1971 just after the Beatles demise. It is an often covered and played song, full of interpretation and depth.

I had my Hickman catheter removed this past Wednesday, and am continuing to improve every day. After a few days of healing the hole that was in my chest, I plan on returning to water walking and eventually swimming. Have a great weekend!    Greg

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAHFrLAxzM&a=GxdCwVVULXduHu2wZH9k8kwu8BX_q2EQ&list=ML&playnext=1

17 comments:

Captain X said...

It would have been fun to hear what John would have to say about current events, wouldn't it? I'm glad to hear you can get back in the water, and returning to swimming will be great for you. You might as well pick a triathlon next summer and start training, huh? Live STRONGer every day!

Anonymous said...

Greg, I thought Mom died on Dec. 10 th. We will have to check it .Glad to hear that you are doing well. Love Dad and Alice

Cathy Curths said...

I'm glad you are moving forward. Enjoy the water! I'll never forget the week Mom died, a few days before I had the bad car wreck with Alicia in back seat. She had a Angel watching out for her, cause she had taken off her seat belt just before the crash. At the time it seemed like the end of the world, but time and faith in God got us thru.

Cathy Curths said...

Mom died Dec 10th, I googled her name, but the dates are close form sure!

Greg Dymerski said...

Oops, I wrote it down wrong! It figures the family historians knew better. Greg

Greg Dymerski said...

Yes X I have picked a tri and a swim to do next summer. Maybe even a couple... I have some strengthening to do first. One week at a time
Greg

Anonymous said...

Greg,
That is wonderful news about the catheter removal! I bet it will be a great feeling to not have the tube. Hope things continue to get back to normal. And that you can start training for something.
I remember Dec. 10 as the day Mom D. passed away--that is my own mom's birthday. I'll never forget that call in the cold night from your dad.
Very glad Cathy is celebrating her birthday today!
love,
Mary D.

Cathy Curths said...

Wow Mary I didn't know that day is your Mom's birthday. And yes good news, Greg. Thanks Mary for being such a sweet and generous person.
LOve, Cathy

Cathy Curths said...

How are you doing?
Cathy

Greg Dymerski said...

Hi Cathy, I am doing good. How about you? I developed some weird spinal thing that I will be talking to my doctor about tomorrow. It's hard to put it into words, something like shooting pains down my leg, but much different than I was used to before my two back surgeries. I will know more tomorrow- Love, Greg

Cathy Curths said...

Oh boy younhave had more than your share. I'm cuddling with the wieners, Alicia and Sean let me have them overnight. She got me a big digital picture frame for my birthday, ow I have to figure it out. She gets some good deals at The Shack where she works. Let us know what the Doctor says.
Love, Cathy
Ps not much new with me dry mouth a little better but a lot of mucus and I drool.more. The same is good though in my case.

Anonymous said...

Greg, did you see the doctor today ? Still having that pain going down your legs. Let us knoww what is happining. Love Dad and Alice

Greg Dymerski said...

I saw the doctor and of course my weird symptoms went away. He scheduled me for an MRI and thinks it might be related to radiation or the 14 spinal injections I had during the past year. I won't know for sure for a couple more weeks at least. I am still feeling some effects from the steroids and just ended one of them. I have one more steroid to kick, then the immuno-suppressants go away. Greg

Alice Lor said...

I find out sitting for an extended period of time actually hurts our body in many areas!! So, get up and walk around after an hour or two, don't sit for too long!! I try to stand up and stretch whenever I remember to do so, it helps!:-) Live Strong and Happy!!

Cathy Curths said...

I hope the pain goes away. I'll keep you in my prayers
Love, Cathy

Lesa Ellis said...

Greg - Imagine is one of my favorite songs of all time! Larry and I just watched a program where Julian and Sean and their moms came together for Julian's art show. It was touching. I haven't seen or written you in a long time. Remember that Holiday Party when you told Larry he needed to take me to Hawaii? Well, he took me to Maui in September. We stayed in Kehei and loved it! Keep getting better and stronger. Did I read you're planning on doing some tri's? You're amazing.

Lesa Ellis

Greg Dymerski said...

Lesa, I am happy to hear about Larry and your trip to Maui. We might have to book a trip ourselves soon to rekindle the spirit. As for the triathlon and/or some events- I make plans, and have goals to keep me going, we will see! It was nice to hear from you, say hi to everyone in SeaTac and I will stop by to say hi the next time I am in the neighborhood.
Greg