Help! was the title of the second Beatles film, an American soundtrack album, and of course a great song. In 1965 John Lennon and the Beatles had reached unbelievable success and as usual with young people and fame it got to John. He gained some weight, and wasn't feeling up to his normal par. His song was a statement about how he used to be able to handle everything by himself, not so much anymore. It is two minutes of up tempo rocking that still takes me to happy land whenever I hear it.
I wish I had better news today, for those who were not aware- I was hospitalized Saturday January 1 to get some tests done due to strange pains and weakness. My initial tests came back showing some growths in my chest and lymph nodes enlarged. I got the confirmation this morning that my Leukemia is back and aggressively manifesting through lymph nodes and masses around my heart. I had the heart to heart with Dr. Senecal and he is now consulting with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance concerning the next steps. I am being fitted with a chest catheter again, and will more than likely start chemotherapy very soon. My goal is to get this Cancer SOB in check as soon as possible, then explore the next steps. Thank you for all of the support and prayers, as John said in 1965 I could use some help now too. I will keep my blog updated as much as I can. Here is the last verse of "Help!"
"Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me, help me, help me, oh."
Love to all, Greg
Welcome to my Blog
I chose the title of this blog to go with a Beatles song from 1969. The title made sense in October of 2009 because fighting cancer might be a drawn out challenge. I take inspiration where I can, and hope to motivate with my musings about music, my status and anything else related to life. Anyone can post comments; no sign in or account is needed, just click on the comments section towards the bottom of the post and write me a note. A splendid time is guaranteed for all. Live Happy- Greg
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain
24 comments:
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. Words can't express how bad I feel for you. I
Love, Cathy
Greg - our thoughts and prayers continue to follow you through this ugly cancer journey.
Just know God loves you.
Love, Cathy
We are pulling for you here in Nebraska and know how strong you guys are! BigA
I handled my catheter insertion into my chest today and am being prepped to start chemo Tuesday. I still don't know which protocol or the duration of the chemo and/or anything else. Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers.
Greg
Prayers
Hello Boss!
I will get back on the prayer wagon! This will pass! If you or your family need anything, please do not hesitate to ask!
Smile, this too will pass!
mike
I admire your courage and tenacity!
Thanks Cathy, S, Hank, Alan, and Mike! I really do better reading comments and knowing that others care. I owe you so much. I will do everything possible to beat this SOB. Have a great rest of the week. Knowing that I have support makes it much easier for me.
Love, Greg
Greg, pulling for you here in Chicago. Husband Steve is in the ALL boat with you and many others. Keeping good vibes going for you and your family. Hang tough.
Well, for lack of a more eloquent expression, shit. On the other hand, you beat it once, you get to do it again, and we are all still here for you. Stay Living Strong.
Hey buddy,
You showed unbelievable strength all through this battle. This is a setback, but you stay strong. We all love you and need you back on the job. Karen and I are praying for a quick recovery. Scott
Greg - Sorry to hear the latest news. It was great to talk to you a few weeks ago!! You can do this, you can beat this. I beat it twice and I know you're way stronger than me. I will be thinking about and praying for you and your family. Stay positive and you can do this!
Cindi Reigle Schwemmin
Cindi, X, Scott, Sue R- Your comments give me inspiration. I am still waiting to start chemo (Nelarabine) but it isn't available at the local Rexall. Hopefully it arrives soon. Living happy in the hospital! Greg
Greg I am so sorry to hear this but I know you are a fighter. I will be praying for you and my bald head will return. bob meyer
Hey Greg,
This is Linda P and I cannot seem to remember my log in information.. go figure.
I am so sorry to hear of the set back. Your strength will carry you through and we are all pulling with you.
Best wishes for Tuesday!
Linda
Greg,
This was the news we were all terrified of hearing. I am so very sorry to hear this. Cathy is right, words cannot express...
Hope things went okay today, Tues., back in the hospital world. We'll redouble all the prayers. You and Yvonne always have our love and help. We are here for you.
We love you! Live strong!
Mary D.
Greg, you continue to be in our prayers. We all love you & will be your support group through this temporary set back.
To all kind people: I am recharged and ready to get going tomorrow with this new chemo regimen. I will be working for all of you as hard as I can! I will also be posting more often. Life is worth living- laughter is a big reason for that.
Love, Greg
Capt. Ron here back on line pulling for you with prayers. Greg don't forget last November at WASPC in Chelan you were kicking butt in the gym as only you can do. This is a temporary set back. Chin up, Stay the course.
Hi Greg! If there is anything I have learned over the past few months, it is that the Dymerskis are a strong, positive, happy, and soulfull group and you are a big piece of that! Know that Andrew and I are rooting for you from CO and we are here when you need us! Kick butt, take names, and show that SOB what you are made of!!!!
Hi Greg, I feel abit like an ahole frankly, I did not realize it was so bad, last I heard you were doing great, I am very sorry to hear this news, let me know if I can do anything, good luck, I know you will beat this!
Pete
Here I go! Pete- you are a great guy with no need to say anything! Thank you again everyone, chemo is about to begin...
GD
Greg - I am so sorry to hear about your recent setback. This is not fair for such a good man, husband and father. You continue to be in the thoughts and prayers of our family. Best always, Dave J.
Post a Comment